Updated by Aaron Aldrich
Welcome to the world of pricing in shopVOX!
We have made things easy for you by having our team of industry experts develop a list of pre-made base products that you sell everyday. But, if you are not finding what you need; you can create your own products as well. There are three ways you can add products to your system.
- Copy base products
- Create your own products
- Add custom line items to a transaction
This article will focus on adding and updating the base products we have created. For more information on creating your own custom product, visit this helpful tutorial: Adding Your Own Products
Our Base Products
Ok, let's get started.
- First click on the Settings Icon, then choose the Products section. Click on the Add New Product button.
- When you click on the Add New Product button, you can choose from the 3 categories listed there.
- Once you select a category, you can select all the items in that section or just the ones you want.
Modifying the Base Products
Now that you have the products you want, let's edit them to match your pricing.
- Click the name of the product in the list and it will open up the details page.
- We are choosing the Banner product as our example.
When we click on the name there are a few things you can change on a product. First thing (for all the Accountants out there) we need to make sure the Income account and COG account is aligned with your account program.
For more details on accounting please refer to - Connecting to your Accounting Software.
- Modifying the materials list.
- Click the Gear icon to see the list of materials that are part of this product. You can edit the existing materials in the list or create a new material.
- Click the pencil icon to edit an existing material or click the green Add New Material button to add your own material to the list.
- Whether you are editing an existing material or creating a new one, this next interface is the same. You will type/edit in the name of the material, add your cost, markup and price.
After you have adjusted all the materials, your product is now ready to go! You can start quoting efficiently and consistently!
For more information on how each of the base products are built, please refer to the Products and Pricing section of our help center.